Select a few activities that you and your members can do in your community to spread the word about careers in construction. Working with your local schools is a great way to help start the conversation.
- Open Up Your Site: Ask a local construction site to host a field trip. Arrange for students to tour the site and gather first-hand information about what it takes to have a successful career in construction.
- Build a Resume: Help students prepare for a career in construction by coordinating a resume building session. Provide interview and resume tips.
- Visit a Classroom: Present the customizable Careers in the Construction Trades PowerPoint to local students. Also, access the Cheat Sheet for using the Careers in Construction Trades presentation.
- Walk and Learn: Coordinate a walk to get children thinking about the built environment. Help students understand how construction affects every aspect of their lives. Explain the various jobs involved in building the things you see on your walk.
- Proclaim October as Careers in Constructions Month: Help us make Careers in Construction Month officially recognized in every state! Any state resident can file a proclamation for his or her governor or mayor to sign. Here is a sample proclamation and proclamation tips to get you started.