Creating and maintaining an effective advocacy program at your HBA is a critical part of your organization’s ability to serve as an influential voice for the housing industry in your community. These NAHB resources can help you get started.
- Guide to Building a Successful Local Advocacy Program: Provides guidance and the necessary steps your association should take to establish itself as a leader in your community. Learn more.
- Guide to Running for Local Office: Provides the knowledge and tactics to help NAHB members become winning candidates for office, and also sought after volunteers.
State and Local Issues Fund
The State and Local Issues Fund provides financial assistance to HBAs involved in advocacy efforts on issues affecting the affordability of homeownership. Check out how this funding is making a difference:
- NAHB Fund Helps HBAs Advocate for Housing Affordability
- NAHB Helps Launch Local Advocacy Efforts
- San Diego study of Inclusionary Zoning
- 3 HBAs Granted Advocacy Program Funding
- Massachusetts Builders, NAHB Rein in a Federal Land Grab
- NAHB Funds 4 Local Advocacy Efforts
- NAHB Funds 6 HBA Advocacy Efforts