The NAHB Emerging Leader Grant is designed for leaders who are currently engaged in leadership at their state or local HBA, who have not previously attended the NAHB Spring or Fall Leadership Meetings, but who aspire to learn more about the NAHB Federation and start their national leadership journey.
Selected grant recipients are eligible for a one-time grant of $1000 to be used towards the cost of attending the NAHB Spring or Fall Leadership Meeting. Program participants will be awarded the stipend after the event if all eligibility requirements listed below have been fulfilled.
Who is this program for?
NAHB understands that the leadership journey is unique to each member, however the ideal candidate has recently or is currently serving in a leadership capacity at the local or state level either on a committee or as an association secretary, treasurer, vice president, president or similar role.
To be considered for the NAHB Emerging Leader Grant, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Are currently serving (or have recently served) in a leadership capacity at the local or state level either on a committee or as an association secretary, treasurer, vice president, president or similar role.
- Aspire to learn about the business proceedings conducted during the NAHB Spring and Fall Leadership Meetings.
- Have not previously attended an NAHB Spring or Fall Leadership Meeting.
- Agree to submit post event feedback about their event experience.
- Agree to provide a copy of all travel expenses (flight, mileage, meals, etc.).
How to Apply
Please complete the form linked below. Each registration must include one Letter of Endorsement from your local or state HBA Executive Officer, your local or state HBA President, a NAHB National Area Chairman (NAC), or an NAHB State Representative supporting your attendance. Only one Letter of Endorsement is required. Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: There are limited grants available. Please make certain you can commit to attending the meeting prior to completing this application.
The application for the 2024 Spring Leadership Meeting grant cycle is currently open and will close on March 15.