As part of efforts to recognize the contributions of NAHB’s Associate Members during Associate Member Appreciation Month, Associate Members Committee Chair Helmut Mundt encouraged members to spotlight key Associates in their state and local home builders associations (HBAs) throughout the month on the group’s Facebook page through its #30associatesin30days campaign.
Associate members are active throughout the Federation, as shown by many of the spotlights that appeared throughout the month:
- LouAnne Neill of Neill Construction Services, LLC is an active member of the Home Builders Association of Tri-Cities with more than 250 Spike credits. For her dedicated service to the home building industry, she received the Building Industry Association of Washington's Associate Appreciation Award in 2016.
- Erin M LeCorgne of Goldwater Bank is the membership chair of the Northshore Home Builders Association and, Executive Officer Amy Ybarzabal says, "is always willing to try new ideas to engage existing members and recruit new ones."
- Edwin Williams is the founder and CEO of ZenHammer, and a member of the Johnson City Area Home Builders Association. Williams had the opportunity to pitch his business to the entire HBA and got valuable feedback from the group, which was key to making his business a success.
- Russell Wahl of IKO is chair of the Associates Council of the Northshore Home Builders Association and, Executive Officer Amy Ybarzabal says, "is involved in promoting Careers in Construction at the Northshore HBA."
- Arthur Steber is the president and CEO of Team Elevator, and a member of the Greater Birmingham Association of Home Builders. Fellow members note that “he is here and involved to the degree that he is for the community aspect, which is inherent in the DNA of our Association” and “he just wants to do what he can to help the Association.”
- MayElla Disney of Disney Real Estate Services is the chair of the Associates Council of the Kitsap Building Association. Mescha Manietta, membership and communications director for the Kitsap Building Association says Disney “brought dynamic speakers for our meetings and took our Annual Golf Tournament to the next level with record-breaking turnout and sponsorships that we hadn’t seen since 2006!”
- Peggy Turner is the owner of Graphic Designs & Promotions, Inc. and has been a dedicated member of the Greater Birmingham Association of Home Builders for more than 30 years. “She is passionate about advocacy and has raised more PAC funds than any other member of our association,” shares GBAHBA Executive Vice President Alicia Vincent.
- Meredith Oliver of Meredith Communications - Digital Marketing Agency was recently named the North Carolina Home Builders Association Distinguished Associate Member of the Year. A member of the Home Builders Association of Raleigh-Wake County and Home Builders Association of Durham, Orange & Chatham Counties, Oliver states, “I can’t imagine my career without my participation in the HBAs, from local to state to national. Whatever I’ve given back to the industry, I’ve received tenfold.”
- Brenton Bellomy of Inline Lighting and Electric and “enjoys meeting new members and is always eager to help out where he can,” notes Vincent, with the Greater Birmingham Association of Home Builders.
The group also spotlighted key Associate leaders, including National Sales and Marketing Chair Kimberly Mackey, Associates Committee Chair Helmut Mundt and Associates Committee Vice Chair Carol Morgan, as well as previous Associates of the Year winners Michael Farr (2018), Mike LeCorgne (2019) and Rich Robinson (2020).
There’s still time to nominate standout Associate members for the Associates of Excellence Awards. Deadline for applications is Oct. 18. Visit nahb.org to learn more.
Thank you to the NAHB Associates Premier Partners Club for supporting the Associate Members Committee.