Certainty, stability, predictability and presumption of approval should be guiding principles in ensuring an efficient land development and approval process. Multiple, overlapping, uncoordinated approval processes increase housing costs as well as government’s costs and reflect poorly on good government, leading to citizen distrust of the process overall.
- Streamline and expedite development approvals
- Expedite approvals for affordable projects
- Eliminate multiple public hearings
- Develop clear, objective review standards and diminish NIMBY opposition
- Update building codes that deter infill and redevelopment