Cost Waivers and Reductions
Land and housing have become increasingly expensive because of a complex array of fees, layered regulatory requirements, and market factors. Strategies that waive fees, reduce costs, contribute funding, and create incentives can directly benefit developers’ and builders’ ability to build more housing and at less cost.
- Tax and fee waivers or reductions
- Tax credits
- Donate vacant, abandoned or underutilized land
- Provide public extension or updating of infrastructure
- Offer dedicated funding sources
- Overview: Offer Dedicated Funding
- Case Study: Maryland
- Case Study: Maine
- Case Study: San Diego, Calif.
- Case Study: Peak One — Frisco, Colo.
- Case Study: Old Town Commons — Alexandria, Va.
- Case Study: Oxford Mills — Philadelphia, Pa.
- Case Study: Affordable Housing Corporation of Lake County — Libertyville, Ill.