Promoting your event through a variety of channels will help maximize your exposure. Check out some examples of HBAs getting the word out through social media, traditional advertising and online tools.
Frequent posts with lots of pictures is key for engaging the public on social media.
- Add pictures of the parade homes throughout the construction process to build momentum.
- Include teasers about any special guests or events happening.
- Create a hashtag specific to your event — for example, #peoriaparade — and encourage all of your builders and suppliers to use it, too.
Take a look at a few parade Facebook pages for inspiration:
- HBA of Richmond Homearama
- Parade of Homes Twin Cities
- Southern Utah HBA – St. George Area Parade of Homes
- Sample Radio Script – BA of South Central Oklahoma
- EO Contact: Dana Kelso, EO, BA of South Central Oklahoma, was a 20-year media veteran before taking on her EO role. You can contact Dana for assistance with media planning, script writing or other media assistance for your parade.
Custom Video Commercials
The NAHB Media group can produce 30- and 60-second professional video commercials promoting your parade. Each video is customized with your logo, event dates, photos and voice over.
Custom videos will typically be available within seven days, at a cost of $500. Additional customization, such as adding local landscape, can be requested for a nominal fee.
Share the video on your website and social networks, or place this professional commercial on local media outlets.