The Executive Officer (EO) 20 Club is comprised of experienced local HBA EOs from non-neighboring jurisdictions who meet quarterly to gain valuable knowledge through their peers and leadership development opportunities, providing their HBAs with feedback and advice they would not otherwise have access to, such as financial benchmarking data, best practices, and innovative revenue streams. The EO 20 Club is situated within the existing 20 Clubs program to provide the resources and support afforded to the 20 Clubs Program but catered to the specific needs of EOs and HBAs.
NAHB is no longer accepting applications for the program.
Key Program Factors
- Club members consist of local HBA EOs with a minimum of one year of experience in their role.
- Six to 10 club members to ensure effective participation.
- Two-year program consisting of eight meetings total, one in person and seven virtual.
- Breakdown of HBA financials for benchmarking.
- Sharing operational best practices with the goals of better management and increasing revenue.
- NAHB 20 Clubs facilitator to maintain confidentiality.
- Mentor and financial consultant dedicated to the club.
HBAs can expect to spend between $2,000 and $4,000 to participate in the two-year commitment. Club members are assessed program costs for the two-year program to cover formation meetings (travel and meeting expenses) while NAHB covers the cost of mentors and consultants. Scholarships are available to the HBAs based on need.
The initial formation meeting will take place in Washington, D.C. at the NAHB Headquarters, consisting of two full days followed by seven-four-hour virtual meetings quarterly for the remaining two years.