How to Enter
All applications are completed and submitted through the online system. Except for specific categories, hard copies are not accepted. Please review the criteria for individual category requirements.
The NAHB Multifamily Pillars of the Industry Awards have several primary groups and numerous categories within those groups. Applicants can apply for any category for which they meet the criteria. Applicants should review the eligibility and general entry requirements before applying.
To be eligible in the Project or Marketing groups, the nomination must pertain to a project that first became available for sale or for rent after Jan. 1, 2019. The same project may be entered for awards in multiple categories. Last year's winners are not eligible for the same award previously won but may enter other categories. Finalists from previous years are eligible in any category. More than one person from the same organization cannot enter the same project in the same category. In the event that this happens, only the first entry received will be accepted.
There are numerous categories to which you can apply to across several major groupings that include Project type, Marketing, and Firm type. The Project type categories recognize design and development excellence in individual projects, while the Marketing category focuses on marketing, interior design and merchandising of projects. The Firm awards acknowledge achievement at the organizational level. View all categories
The Pillars Awards are on a platform that allows applicants to duplicate and copy live applications, which makes it easier to apply for multiple categories. To access the application platform, visit Multifamily Pillars of the Industry Awards Application and select Multifamily Pillars of the Industry Awards from the Program drop-down box. You will be required to log into NAHB.org.
Please note: You will be required to use your NAHB login (if you are a member and expect member pricing) or create a login.
- After you log in, you will be routed back to the awards application portal.
- When you complete your awards application, you will need to mark it as final.
- Once an application has been marked as final, please click on the check box to the right and click the red ”Check out Now“ box at the bottom of the page. You can pay for multiple applications at once OR applications from different awards program at the same time (i.e., you can checkout and pay for a Pillars application and BALA application at the same time).
- If you have a promotional code, click on the blue box to add. If you are applying for two or more Pillars Awards, a discount of $25 should automatically be deducted.
- Enter your payment information and click submit. Once the application payment has been confirmed, you can click on "Complete" next to the application to download a copy of your receipt.
Please note: If you are completing an application during a special pricing period (e.g., an early bird special), the application must be completed and paid for within the special pricing period for the price to apply.
- $325 Multifamily Council members per entry
- $375 NAHB Members per entry
- $425 Non-NAHB members per entry
Apply for more than one Pillars Award and automatically receive $25 off any subsequent entries.
Important 2022 Dates
Applications for the 2021 cycle of the Multifamily Pillars of the Industry Awards will be accepted July 11, 2022-Aug. 26, 2022.
- Finalists Announced: December 2022
- 2022 Winners Announced: February 2023
Winners will be announced during a virtual event, and registration will be required.
Benefits of Entering, Recognition of Winners
Winners and finalists of the NAHB Pillars of the Industry Awards receive one trophy or plaque for display. Winners can market their award-winning projects as the “best of the best” in the multifamily industry to their colleagues, clients and prospective clients. The NAHB Multifamily Council will also promote all award winners in selected national and trade media.