NAHB’s Sustainability and Green IBS Scholarship aims to provide exposure to students and recent graduates in the construction industry to the world of high-performance homes. Attending the International Builders’ Show (IBS) can help you make the connections you need to jumpstart your professional trajectory.
Interested applicants may include:
- Students in a two- or four-year university program, vocational school, apprenticeship program or other recognized training program,
- a recent graduate, or
- a young professional looking for a career shift.
Scholarship recipients will receive airfare (up to $600), hotel accommodations (four nights), and a full registration to maximize their experience, with access to numerous networking events, education sessions and chances to see the latest products in the industry.
Throughout the three-day event, you will get to walk the expo floor to learn about new and innovative products, attend sustainability and green building education seminars and receive Continuing Education Units, tour green buildings in the area, and more. The show is held in Las Vegas on Jan. 21-23, 2020.
If you have any questions about the application or requirements, please email Anna Stern.
Click here to apply now! Applications are due Nov. 15, 2019.
- Complete online application form.
- Provide a signed letter of recommendation from professor, employer, instructor or internship supervisor that speaks to your relevant experience with green building, passion to learn and work ethic.
- Submit a resume/CV
- Submit a video (please see requirements in application).
- Provide headshot or other photo of yourself.
- 18 years of age by 1/21/20
- Active student or recent graduate (within past two years)
- At least two summers of industry experience (internship/apprenticeship/recognized training program)
If selected, the following will be required during and after the show:
If you would like to contribute to the Sustainability & Green Building IBS Scholarship Fund so that more students can be supported to attend next year’s IBS, please contact Anna Stern.
- Attend at least one educational session per day (suggested list will be provided).
- Help promote the show via social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Be available in the High-Performance Building Zone for live green building construction demonstrations and building science education.
- Submit a blog (500 words maximum, NAHB staff reserve the right to edit) detailing your most memorable and influential green experiences at IBS. Your blog will be promoted via NAHB social media channels to encourage other green professionals to attend the show.
- Share feedback about your experience via a follow-up survey to help NAHB improve the program.
For contributor benefits, click here.