Congratulations on achieving your NAHB educational designation! It shows your commitment to improving your craft and the value you place on professionalism in the industry.
Now that you have your “letters,” make the most of them to advance your career and business prospects. NAHB has resources to help not only promote yourself and your business locally, but to also educate consumers on the importance of using a professional who has taken the time and effort to get his or her professional designation.
There are resources from sample press releases to customizable marketing materials: Watch your recognition grow!
Designation Badges on Houzz
Add your NAHB designation badges to your Houzz page. It’s easy — just log into Houzz using the same email address on file with NAHB (you must be an NAHB member), and your logos will appear automatically on your Houzz page, under “Affiliations.” (Using a different email address? We can fix that.) Now, customers will immediately know you meet the industry’s highest standards of skills, passion and knowledge. They can also click on a designation to learn more about the work it takes to earn one.
- Hire a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist
- Hire a Certified Graduate Remodeler
- Hire a Certified Green Professional™
- Hire a Graduate Master Remodeler
If you’re interested in customizing a brochure, please email Patricia Potts for more information.
Add these designation logos to your website, business card, and other marketing materials as another way of indicating your achievement.
NAHB Education has created customizable consumer presentations for active CAPS, CGB, CGR, GMB and GMR designees to use to help their customers better understand all they have to offer. After agreeing to the usage guidelines, these designees can download the presentation and customize it to include their company information, images of projects they have completed and customer testimonials. These highly visual presentations includes an overview of the designations and explains concepts.
- Active CAPS designees can access the consumer PowerPoint presentation Make Your House a Home for a Lifetime.
- Active CGB/GMB designees can access the consumer PowerPoint presentation Hire a Certified Graduate Builder or Graduate Master Builder.
- Active CGR/GMR designees can access the consumer PowerPoint presentation Hire a Certified Graduate Remodeler or Graduate Master Remodeler.
NAHB Education Awards honors housing professionals who have displayed notable professionalism, those who have used their designation to make significant contributions to the building industry and their community as NAHB designation holders and those who have excelled in teaching NAHB education courses.
Let current and prospective clients know that you value additional education in order to stay on top of new trends and technologies. Continuing education can be earned in multiple ways. Simply visit NAHB’s calendar for education, events and awards programs to find national, regional and local courses; participate in selected webinars and online courses; and find approved classes and events in the Continuing Education Provider Directory. For questions, contact the NAHB Learning Helpline at 800-368-5242 x8154.
Public Relations Resources
Column Service Articles
Customize these articles for use in your local newspapers, magazines, newsletters and website to promote your designation and the professionalism that you bring to the community.
- Green Your Home with a Certified Green Professional
- Leadership, Credibility, Prestige - The Value of Designations
- Hire a Certified Builder to Build Your New Home
- Update Your Home Safely with a Certified Remodeler
Designee Press Releases
Promote your NAHB educational designation in the media by sending a press release to your local newspapers on your accomplishment. Use the sample press release that pertains to your designation provided, and if you have additional information to add or change, feel free to do so.
- Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist
- Certified Graduate Associate
- Certified Graduate Builder
- Certified Graduate Remodeler
- Certified Green Professional
- Certified New Home Marketing Professional
- Certified New Home Sales Professional
- Graduate Master Builder
- Graduate Master Remodeler
- Housing Credit Certified Professional
- Master Certified Green Professional
- Master Certified New Home Sales Professional
- Master in Residential Marketing
Local Media Requests
If you need a local media list, it is best to contact your HBA as they know the reporters who cover the industry in your community. If your local HBA does not have this information, members can contact the NAHB Media Relations department to create a media list for you.
Case Studies/Featured Designees
As a designation holder you are committed to exemplifying excellence and professionalism in your craft. So are your fellow designee holders! Check out some of the ways they are using their designations to promote themselves in the industry and to the public.
- Texas Custom Builder Says GMB Means Credibility (Michael Garabedian, CGP, GMB)
- Merchandiser Says Earning MIRM Designation Was 'Smart Move' in Career Path (Suzanne Felber, CMP, MIRM)
- HCCP Designation Boosts Credibility, Knowledge About Affordable Housing (Brian Carnahan, HCCP
- For the Dillinghams, CAPS Means Successful Customer Service (Ken and Debbie Dillingham, CAPS)
Do you have a success story you can share? We’d love to hear about it! Send your story or information to Anne Baker with NAHB Communications at 800-368-5242 x8447.