See the Home Technology of the Future: The 2020 Global Innovation Award Finalists
NAHB has announced the finalists for the 2020 Global Innovation Awards (GIA), which annually recognizes the most advanced, cutting-edge and original products, services and homes from the United States and around the world, and showcases the future of home technology.
“The products and services highlighted by the Global Innovation Awards give a glimpse into how companies around the world are advancing by introducing new ideas and technologies,” said Jillian Pritchard-Cooke, chair of the NAHB Global Innovation Awards Program. “This year, we added an exciting new category, International Home of the Year, showcasing the integration of high-performance, sustainable building practices.”
The International Home of the Year recognizes the outstanding achievements by land planners, architects, engineers, designers, builders and developers whose work addresses socioeconomic challenges, are rooted in sustainability and wellness, and will have positive implications for residential construction globally.
Because of ongoing concerns about the pandemic, and international restrictions on travel, the GIA winners will be honored in a virtual ceremony to be held in March.
Please take a minute to explore the products and companies comprising this year’s finalists. NAHB would also like to thank the GIA judges for their time in determining the finalists from a long list of entries. The panel of judges this year have vast global experience, working in housing markets all over the world.2020 Global Innovation Award Finalists and Judges Exterior/Interior Product of the Year Finalists
- Flo by Moen™ Smart Water Shutoff, Moen – Cleveland
- LG STUDIO WashTower™, LG Electronics – New York
- Square D Energy Center, Schneider Electric – Knightdale, North Carolina
Exterior/Interior Product of the Year Judges
- Michelle Foster, Vice President, Sustainability, Home Innovation Labs – Upper Marlboro, Maryland
- Tom Halford, Retired Vice President, Premium & Builder Brands, Home IoT Solutions/Connected Living, Samsung Electronics America – Franklin, Tennessee
- Marshall Leslie, Owner & Principal, M. Leslie, Inc. – Toronto, Canada
- Nick Slevin, Publisher, Editor-In-Chief & Developer, Peninsula Publishing Inc./ ABC Green Home – Newport Beach, California
Technology/Educational Service of the Year Finalists
- SWiDGET – Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Tranquility by Trane, Trane® Residential – New York
- Veev – San Mateo, California
Technology/Educational Service of the Year Judges
- Jason August, President, Gourmet Real Estate, Inc. and Vice President, North Star Synergies – Denver, Colorado
- Mohamad Gozeh, CEO and Geotechnical/Civil Engineer of RMG for Engineering Services, LTD – Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Frank Wickstead, Adjunct Professor, Georgia Tech School of Building Construction College of Design – Atlanta
International Home of the Year Finalists
- The Brazadian in Ridgefield, Washington, Urban Northwest Homes, LLC
- Diamond Towers in Taipei, Taiwan, Shanyuan Development Co.
- Wen Living San Jose in San Jose del Cabo, Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico
- HBA of Greater New Orleans 2020 Parade of Homes in Luling, Louisiana, Reve Inc.
International Home of the Year Judges
- David Campbell, Builder of Custom Homes & Custom Work Environments, David Campbell Building, Ltd. – Chatswood, New South Wales, Australia
- Art Danielian, Founder & Chairman, Danielian Associates – Irvine, California
- Francisco Osores, Past President of the Peruvian Chamber of Construction; Builder & Developer, La Venturosa Inmobiliaria – Lima, Peru
- Adriana Palmieri, CEO, Desarrollo Haciendas De Las Flores – Villa Nueva, Guatemala