[bc_video video_id="6183406918001" account_id="260701690001" player_id="usVVtJ2Iz" embed="in-page" padding_top="56%" autoplay="" min_width="0px" playsinline="" picture_in_picture="" max_width="640px" mute="" width="100%" height="100%" ]
Join the NAHB Professional Women in Building (PWB) Council
Sept. 14-18 for PWB Week 2020, recognizing and celebrating the important contributions of women in the residential construction industry.
This year, PWB Week will focus on "Diversifying the Construction Industry," where women make up just over 10 percent of the workforce. Follow along with daily blog posts; join an online panel event; and share our social media posts. The week is sponsored by Lowe's For Pros
Check out the PWB Week Toolkit at nahb.org/PWBWeek
to find more ways to get the most out of the week. Tips include:
- Lead a discussion in your community focused on this year’s theme of Diversifying the Industry, or one of the daily topic themes featured throughout the week.
- Monday: PWB Supports the Next Generation of Leaders
- Tuesday: Jobs are Genderless: Highlighting Women in the Trades
- Wednesday: Women Leaders Making an Impact on the Industry
- Thursday: Diversifying the Residential Construction Industry
- Friday: PWB Community Connections
- Engage through social media by incorporating Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Make sure to use the hashtag #PWBWeek2020 to amplify your activities and to increase visibility for your message.
- Connect by hosting a virtual happy hour or after-work gathering to highlight one of the daily themes of PWB Week.
- Educate your members and community about PWB, your Council and local HBA’s strong base of support for women in the residential construction industry. Invite influential female representatives from home building and remodeling companies or an industry consultant or legislator that supports home building to speak at an HBA forum.
- Raise awareness about PWB and celebrate the women in the industry through our social media takeover on Friday, Sept. 18, during the PWB Community Connection. Through Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, or on your website, help us elevate the individual women working in the industry, in your Council, or PWB members by using the hashtag #PWBProud to share their stories.
We look forward to celebrating PWB Week 2020 with you!