Resolved that the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) support the following workforce development policy:
- Positive working relationships should be developed between local and state home builder associations and existing career and technical education institutions to promote and advance careers in the home building industry.
- HBI’s career building programs, initiatives, Residential Construction Academy (RCA) resources and curricula are used by the industry and its employers to prepare individuals for careers in the industry.
- NAHB supports the allocation/appropriation of local, state and federal funds for the implementation of industry-sponsored and validated programs.
- In order to attract more people to construction employment and careers in the home building industry, NAHB supports HBI programs including Job Corps, Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT) and Residential Construction Superintendent Certification.
- NAHB supports the Job Corps and PACT Programs as cost effective means of providing training and employment opportunities to individuals who are unable to compete in the labor market and of supplying the construction industry with a source of well-trained and motivated workers.
- The policy of recruitment, selection employment and training shall be conducted without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin or sex.
Resolution originally adopted: 2014.6, Resolution No. 4
Committees with primary jurisdiction:
- Home Builders Institute (HBI)