NAHB’s Sustainability and Green IBS Scholarship aims to provide exposure to students and recent graduates in the construction industry to the world of high-performance homes. Attending the International Builders’ Show (IBS) can help you make the connections you need to jumpstart your professional trajectory. The 2022 IBSx will be an in-person event, allowing scholarship recipients to collaborate with peers, meet mentors in the green building industry, and attend key education sessions and demonstrations.
NAHB is currently soliciting donations for the Sustainability & Green Scholarship Fund so that students and recent graduates interested in green building can attend the 2022 in-person show. Check out how your company could benefit from contributing. Donations to the fund are tax deductible and are received through NAHB’s secure platform. Donate now to help build the pipeline of skilled green builders.
The application period for the 2022 IBS Sustainability and Green Building Scholarship is expected to open Summer 2021. Check back frequently for updates.
Interested applicants may include:
- Students in a two- or four-year university program, vocational school, apprenticeship program or other recognized training program,
- A recent graduate, or
- A young professional looking for a career shift.
2022 scholarship recipients will receive airfare (up to $600), hotel accommodations (four nights), and a free full registration to maximize their experience, with access to numerous virtual networking events, education sessions, mentor match-ups from veterans in the field, and chances to see the latest products in the industry.
Throughout the three-day event, you will get to access the expo “floor” to learn about new and innovative products, attend sustainability and green building education seminars and receive Continuing Education Units, tour green buildings in the area, and more. The show will be held in Orlando Feb. 8-10, 2022.
- Complete online application form.
- Submit a resume/CV.
- Submit a video (please see requirements in application).
- Provide headshot or other photo of yourself.
- 18 years of age by 2/8/22
- Active student or recent graduate (can include undergraduate, graduate, vocational, apprenticeship or other recognized training program within past two years)
- At least two summers of industry experience (internship/apprenticeship/recognized training program)
If selected, the following will be required during and after the show:
- Attend at least one educational session per day. (Suggested list will be provided.)
- Help promote IBS via social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Submit a blog (500 words maximum, NAHB staff reserve the right to edit) detailing your most memorable and influential green experiences during the virtual show. Your blog will be promoted via NAHB social media channels to encourage other green professionals to attend the show.
- Share feedback about your experience via a follow-up survey to help NAHB improve the program.
Thank You to Our Scholarship Contributors
Thanks to our 2021 contributors who made the 2021 IBSx virtual scholarship opportunity possible.
- Steven Winter Associates
- Marla Esser Cloos of The Green Home Coach
- Kathy Browning of Design Consultants
- John Barrows of P3 Builder Group, Inc.
- Brandon Bryant of Red Tree Builders
- Ray Tonjes of Ray Tonjes Builder Inc.