The NAHB’s Sustainability and Green Building IBS Scholarship aims to provide exposure to young emerging green builders in the construction industry to the world of high-performance homes. Attending the International Builders’ Show (IBS) can help you make the connections you need to jumpstart your professional trajectory. The 2024 IBS will be an in-person event, allowing scholarship recipients to collaborate with peers, meet mentors in the green building industry, and attend key education sessions and demonstrations.
The application period for the 2024 IBS Sustainability and Green Building Scholarship is now open. Applications are due Dec. 4.
The scholarship recipient will receive $1,800 for travel expenses, and full registration to maximize their experience, with access to numerous networking events, education sessions and chances to see the latest products in the industry.
Throughout the event, you will get to access the expo “floor” to learn about newest products on the market, attend sustainability and green building education seminars and receive Continuing Education Units, tour green buildings in the area, and more. The show will be held in Las Vegas Feb. 24-29, 2024.
- Complete online application form.
- Submit a resume/CV.
- 25-35 years of age by Jan. 1, 2024
- Young professional and/or emerging green builder
If selected, the following will be required during and after the show:
- Attend at least one educational session per day. (Suggested list will be provided.)
- Help promote IBS via social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Be available for the Sustainability & Green Building Subcommittee and Healthier Homes & Communities Subcommittee meetings.
- Submit a blog (500 words maximum, NAHB staff reserve the right to edit) detailing your most memorable and influential green experiences during the virtual show. Your blog will be promoted via NAHB social media channels to encourage other green professionals to attend the show.
- Take a survey of your experience to help NAHB improve the program.
In addition to benefits outlined above regarding IBS, the scholarship recipient will also receive complimentary access to Home Innovation Research Labs’ NGBS Green PRO designation course, a roughly $450 value.