NAHB and the National Association of REALTORS® have launched a new joint education initiative, Home Performance Counts, designed to help consumers better understand the rapidly growing high-performance home marketplace and its benefits — including homes that prioritize comfort, durability, health and affordability. It’s more important than ever for builders and real estate agents to be able to properly communicate high-performance home features and benefits, as demand has expanded in recent years. The number of homes certified to the National Green Building Standard® has increased by more than 57% since 2017, an additional indication of market demand.
Home Performance Counts offers a comprehensive resource for consumers and builders alike, including:
- Education on the qualities and benefits of high-performance homes.
- Communication tools that highlight tips for discussing home performance with builders and real estate agents in more common terms so that home buyers can to ensure they’re getting the home they want.
- Directories for home builders and REALTORS® in their area.
- Common language tools to better communicate the value and benefits of high-performance homes to prospective customers.
- Best practices for positioning their business competitively in the marketplace.
- Latest trend data and information to stay informed of shifts in the industry.
Home Performance Counts provides a common ground to raise awareness of the benefits of green homes and the key role home builders and real estate agents can play in the home-buying process. The initiative helps all parties get on the same page and speak the same language, to ensure so that buyers get the high-performance home of their dreams.
For more information, visit HomePerformanceCounts.info.