Your parade guide — also called the magazine, show book or flip book — contains key information about each builder, home floor plans, and a parade map. It’s helpful to create both a digital flip-book version to post on your website and printed guides to distribute at the event. Here are a few more ideas:
- Include your member directory at the end of the book.
- Sell advertising in the book to help cover the costs.
- Add consumer articles to offer helpful advice about the home buying process.
- If size allows, insert printed copies of the guide in your area’s Sunday newspaper.
Digital flip books are designed to be smart phone-friendly and allow consumers to access this info on the go. Check out a few examples:
Sample Articles for Parade Books
If you have space in your parade book, add a few consumer-related articles. Topics can include the value of homeownership, tips for choosing a builder, the benefits of new homes, home maintenance tips, etc. If you’re looking for consumer content, peruse the For Consumers section of nahb.org and use any of the material there, including:
- Homeownership: Opportunity Is Knocking
- The Not-So-Obvious Benefits of Buying a New Home
- Questions to Ask Your Home Builder
- How to Choose a Home Builder
You also can use the customizable articles in the New Homes Toolkit.