The 2023 NAHB Student Competition for secondary students will be held live in person at the 2023 International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas, Jan. 31 - Feb. 2, 2023.
Secondary programs may compete in either the Architecture or Construction Management track. Track selection is made at the time of a team’s registration.
2023 Competition Timeline
- Sept. 6, 2022 – Competition Problem Posted
- Oct. 14, 2022 – Registration Due ($200)
- Oct. 20, 2022 – Associates and Secondary Competitions Live Q&A
(Zoom Meeting ID: 830 3650 3960; Passcode: 431460)
- Nov. 21, 2022 – Team Member List Due
- Dec. 5, 2022 – Last Day to Withdraw from Competition
- Dec. 18, 2022 – Projects Due
- Jan. 31 - Feb. 1, 2023 – Presentation Dates
- Feb. 1, 2023 – Judges’ Debriefing
- Feb. 1, 2023 – Awards Ceremony at IBS
Resources for Competitors
- Question Board: All questions related to the competition posted in our Google group will be answered by the competition’s consultants.
- The Cengage Learning books will be available to all competition teams. (*Returning teams have the set of books from Cengage Learning. Only new teams will be shipped a set of resource books.)
- 2022 Associate and Secondary Programs Judges Debrief Video
$200 entry fee for secondary programs.
2022 Secondary Programs Competition Winners
First Place Shadow Ridge High School (Arizona)
Second Place: Chapel Hill High School (Georgia)
Construction Management Track
First Place: Shelby County High School (Kentucky)
Second Place: A.W. Beattie Career Center (Pennsylvania)
Third Place: Charles J. Colgan Sr. High School (Virginia)