The 2022 NAHB Student Competition for Secondary programs will be conducted under a hybrid model, with teams having the option to present live in person at the 2022 International Builders’ Show in Orlando Feb. 7-8, 2022, or virtually via Zoom on the same dates.
Secondary programs may compete in either the Architecture or Construction Management track. Track selection should be made at the time of a team’s registration.
2022 Competition Timeline
- Sept. 7, 2021 – Competition Problem Posted
- Oct. 5, 2021 – Project Problem Q&A Webinar, 2:30 p.m. ET via Zoom
- Oct. 13, 2021 – IBS Travel Scholarship Application Opens
- Oct. 22, 2021 – Registration Due ($200)
- Nov. 12, 2021 – IBS Travel Scholarship Application Closes
- Nov. 21, 2021 – Team Member List Due
- Dec. 5, 2021 – Last Day to Withdraw from Competition
- Dec. 19, 2021 – Projects Due
- Feb. 7-8, 2022 – Presentation Date(s)
- Feb. 8, 2022 – Judges’ Debriefing
Resources for Competitors
- Important Materials
- Question Board: All questions related to the competition posted in our Google group will be answered by the competition’s consultants.
- The Cengage Learning books will be available to all competition teams. (*Returning teams have the set of books from Cengage Learning. Only new teams will be shipped a set of resource books.)
- 2020 Associate and Secondary Programs Judges Debrief Video
$200 entry fee for associate programs.
2021 Secondary Programs Competition Winners
First Place, Architecture Track: Garrett High School (Indiana)
First Place, Construction Management Track: A.W. Beattie Career Center (Virginia)