The Production Home Building Competition for four-year programs challenges students to identify an opportunity for a large homebuilder to develop property, build homes and produce a return on investment in a given market, simulating scenarios faced by production homebuilders.
The 2022 NAHB Student Competition for four-year programs will be conducted under a hybrid model, with teams having the option to present live in person at the 2022 International Builders’ Show in Orlando Feb. 7-8, 2022, or virtually via Zoom on the same dates.
2022 Competition Timeline
- Sept. 7, 2021 – Competition Problem Posted
- Oct. 17, 2021 – Registration Due ($400)
- Oct. 22, 2021 – Project Problem Q&A Webinar, 12 p.m. ET via Zoom
- Nov. 21, 2021 – Team Member List Due
- Dec. 5, 2021 – Last Day to Withdraw from Competition
- Dec. 19, 2021 – Projects Due
- Feb. 7-9, 2022 – Presentations Dates
- Feb. 9, 2021 – Judges’ Debriefing
Resources for Competitors
- Important Materials
- NAHB Four-Year Student Competition Guidebook
- Question Board: All competition related questions posted in our Google group will be answered by the competition’s consultants.
- Cengage Learning books will be available to all competition teams. (*Returning teams have the set of books from Cengage Learning. Only new teams will be shipped a set of resource books.)
- 2020 Four Year Programs Judges Debrief Video
$400 entry fee for four-year programs.
2021 Four-Year Programs Competition Winners
First Place: University of Denver
Second Place: Michigan State University
Third Place: University of Cincinnati
Fourth Place: Brigham Young University (Utah)