NAHB Student Competition: Four-Year Programs - Production Homes
The Production Home Building Competition for four-year programs challenges students to identify an opportunity for a large homebuilder to develop property, build homes and produce a return on investment in a given market, simulating scenarios faced by production homebuilders.
The 2023 NAHB Student Competition for four-year programs was held at the 2023 International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas, Jan. 31 - Feb. 2, 2023.
2023 Competition Problem Description
2023 Production Home Building Competition Winners
First Place: University of North Florida
Second Place: Texas A&M University
Third Place: Tuskegee University
Fourth Place: University of Florida
Fifth Place: University of Cincinnati
2023 Competition Timeline
- Sept. 6, 2022 – Competition Problem Posted
- Oct. 14, 2022 – Registration Due ($400)
- Oct. 21, 2022 – Four-Year Production Competition Live Q&A
- Nov. 21, 2022 –Team Member List Due
- Dec. 5, 2022 – Last Day to Withdraw from Competition
- Dec. 18, 2022 – Projects Due
- Jan. 30-31, 2023 – Presentation Dates
- Jan. 31, 2023 – Judges’ Debriefing
- Feb. 1, 2023 – Awards Ceremony at IBS
Resources for Competitors
- NAHB Four-Year Student Competition Guidebook
- Question Board: All competition related questions posted in our Google group will be answered by the competition’s consultants.
- Cengage Learning books will be available to all competition teams. (*Returning teams have the set of books from Cengage Learning. Only new teams will be shipped a set of resource books.)
- 2022 Four Year Programs Production Home Building Judges Debrief Video
- 2023 Competition Judges
$400 entry fee for four-year programs.