The 2022 NAHB Student Competition for Associate degree programs was conducted under a hybrid model, with teams having the option to present live in person at the 2022 International Builders’ Show in Orlando Feb. 7-8, 2022, or virtually via Zoom on the same dates.
2022 Associate Programs Competition Winners
First Place: Kirkwood Community College (Iowa)
Second Place: North Dakota State College of Science
Third Place:BYU Idaho
Fourth Place: Santa Fe College (Florida)
2022 Competition Timeline
- Sept. 7, 2021 – Competition Problem Posted
- Oct. 5, 2021 – Project Problem Q&A Webinar, 2:30 p.m. ET via Zoom
- Oct. 13, 2021 – IBS Travel Scholarship Application Opens
- Oct. 22, 2021 – Registration Due ($300)
- Nov. 12, 2021 – IBS Travel Scholarship Application Closes
- Nov. 21, 2021 – Team Member List Due
- Dec. 5, 2021 – Last Day to Withdraw from Competition
- Dec. 19, 2021 – Projects Due
- Feb. 7-8, 2022 – Presentation Date(s)
- Feb. 8, 2022 – Judges’ Debriefing
Resources for Competitors
- Important Materials
- Question Board: All questions related to the competition posted in our Google group will be answered by the competition’s consultants.
- The Cengage Learning books will be available to all competition teams. (*Returning teams have the set of books from Cengage Learning. Only new teams will be shipped a set of resource books.)
- 2022 Associate and Secondary Programs Judges Debrief Video
$300 entry fee for associate programs.