The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) named the winning products in its ninth annual Best of IBS™ Awards during the NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS) in Orlando. The awards were presented during a ceremony on the final day of the show.
This year’s Best of IBS Awards received more than 200 entries. Decided by a panel of 24 independent judges made up of attending reporters and building professionals, the awards were given in eight categories, plus The Best in Show winner.
Awards were given to exhibitors with a product or line that shows the best combination of design, functionality and innovation, as well as its usefulness to consumers and/or home builders.
The winners are:
- The Best in Show: Evolve Stone
- Best Energy Efficient Product: SPAN Gen2 Smart Panel
- Best Home Technology Product: SPAN Gen2 Smart Panel
- Best Indoor Product: Murphy Door Flush Mount Pantry Door
- Best Kitchen & Bath Product: Swidget 20/40/60 Control Swiitch
- Best Outdoor Product: Barrette Outdoor Screen Panels
- Best Window and Door Product: Endura Panolock Multi-Point Lock
- Most Innovative Building Material: Evolve Stone
- Most Innovative Construction Tool: GAF Energy Timberline Solar Energy Shingles
“The innovation and sustainability of the entries were much more evident in all aspects of products and services, but the biggest take away I saw from a judging standpoint was the efforts to create products that were easy to install for contractors and the ease of use for the end user,” said Pat Coveny, Best of IBS Awards judge and president and owner of Arch Construction Management Inc.
“This year’s winners represented innovative and aesthetically-pleasing designs and functions,” Tom Wong, Best of IBS Awards judge and associate and senior designer at Danielian Associates. “These products enhanced construction procedures and solved solutions in all aspects of residential construction.”
For more information on the Best of IBS Awards, visit buildersshow.com/bestofibs.