The 2020 NAHB Student Competition for Secondary schools — Architecture and Construction Management categories — was held at the International Builders Show Jan. 20-22, 2020, in Las Vegas.
First Place, Architecture Category: Shadow Ridge High School (Arizona)
First Place, Construction Management Category: Dowell J. Howard CTE Center (Virginia)
2020 Competition Timeline
- Sept. 3, 2019: Competition problem posted
- Oct. 11, 2019: Entry form due
- Oct. 15, 2019, 4-5 p.m. (EDT): Secondary and Associate programs Q&A
- Oct. 31, 2019: IBS Travel Scholarship applications due
- Nov. 29, 2019: Team member list due
- Dec. 4, 2019: Last day to withdraw from competition
- Dec. 17, 2019: Projects due IN-HAND*
- Jan. 20-22, 2020: Presentation dates
- Jan. 21, 2020: Judges’ debriefing
- Jan. 22, 2020: Awards ceremony at International Builders’ Show
Resources for Competitors
- Important Materials
- Location of presentation room at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort and Casino
- Question Board: All competition related questions posted in our Google group will be answered by the competition’s consultants.
- Secondary and Associate programs Q&A (Oct. 15, 2019)
- The Cengage Learning books will be available to all competition teams. (*Returning teams have the set of books from Cengage Learning. Only new teams will be shipped a set of resource books.)
- 2019 Associate and Secondary Programs Judges Debrief Video
$200 entry fee for secondary programs.
All participating teams must be NAHB Student Chapter members. Learn how to form a student chapter.