NAHB Members: Log-in to learn how you can serve on a committee or council board.
The Climate Risk and Sustainability Committee identifies and addresses resiliency, energy efficiency and climate-related risk issues that may impact housing and the residential construction industry. Working in coordination with other relevant NAHB committees, the committee develops and implements comprehensive and collaborative strategies and action plans to address identified issues.
Issues that may be addressed include:
- Natural disaster risk adaptation and mitigation;
- Carbon reduction and curbing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions;
- Building electrification;
- Increasing the use of renewable energy;
- Flooding and sea level rise;
- Materials and resource needs/shortfalls; and
- Climate-related risk mapping, management and reporting, among others.
Washington, DC NAHB Orientation for Executive Officers
Washington, DC 2023 Spring Leadership Meeting and Legislative Conference
Cincinnati, OH Association Management Conference
Palm Springs, CA 2023 Fall Leadership Meeting
NAHB Climate Risk