Board of Directors members, please log in to see events, resources and documents available to you.
Board of Directors Overview
The NAHB Board of Directors is comprised of directors elected by the Leadership Council. This corporate board focuses on the day-to-day business activities of the Association. The board will implement the policy decisions of the Leadership Council, develop the Association’s operating budget, control NAHB’s property, authorize expenditures and carry out the mission of the Association.
It is expected that all directors will attend all of the 2020 Leadership Year board meetings, including:
- Virtual Spring Board Meeting, April 1, 2020
- Spring Leadership Virtual Meeting, June 19, 2020
- Fall Leadership Virtual Meeting, Oct. 23, 2020
- Fall/Winter Board Virtual Meeting, Dec. 15, 2020 [Officers onsite, Washington, D.C.]
- Winter Leadership Meeting, Jan. 25-29 OR Feb. 1-5, 2021, Orlando
- 2021 IBSx Virtual Meeting, Feb. 9-12, 2021
To assist directors in meeting this commitment, virtual participation opportunities will be made available for the Board at each of these sessions.
An emergency — such as a sudden illness or a death in the family — may prevent a director from fulfilling his or her responsibility. In those cases, the director must apply for an excused absence from the NAHB Third Vice Chair, to whom the NAHB Bylaws give approval responsibility. To be considered, the application must be submitted within 30 days after the meeting.