Starting Jan. 1, 2022, NAHB designees are required to complete four hours or credits each year. Designees are NOT required to send in proof of continuing education (CE) earned at time of renewal. However, designees may be chosen for a random audit and NAHB will contact them directly to provide proof of CE.
New Requirements starting in 2022 for NAHB’s professional designations will be as follows:
Designations (CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP and MIRM)
- Complete an NAHB Education course in person, virtual, on demand or live online. (Fulfills annual requirement)
- Complete NAHB webinars or webinar replays.
- Attend NAHB’s International Builders’ Show (IBS). (Fulfills annual requirement)
- Be an active member of a Builder or Remodeler 20 Club (Fulfills annual requirement)
- Complete an industry specific program provided by another professional organization.
Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) designees must complete four hours of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC)-related continuing education every year. NAHB LIHTC webinars count towards the continuing education requirement.
For questions about CE requirements or the status of your NAHB designation, contact the NAHB Professional Designation Help Line at 800-368-5242 or email email@example.com.