This reimagined course provides a clear overview of risk management practices in a home building business. The comprehensive course covers risk management topics like contractual risk transfer, financing risk, construction loss exposures, and solutions for controlling risk through insurance coverage.
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Define and explain the purpose and use of Risk Management
- Identify and address potential sources of business risk
- Discuss industry specific methodologies for assessing and managing risk, such as use of insurance and contractual risk-shifting mechanisms
- Select and employ appropriate risk mitigation solutions
- Distinguish and report on risks for both internal and external audiences
- Practice basic insurance claims processes
- Evaluate and modify existing organizational Risk Management and Business Continuity processes.
This course provides 6 hours of continuing education credits for these NAHB designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP, and MIRM.