Builder sentiment is on the rise and prospective buyers’ expectations of housing affordability have improved. But despite these upticks, economic shifts will continue to influence the housing market as interest rates, consumer preferences and product supply evolve.
To provide a deeper analysis of how consumer purchasing behaviors have changed in recent years and how product manufacturers can better meet the needs of their clients, two industry experts will lead back-to-back presentations during the Leading Suppliers Council (LSC) “Connections” meeting June 8 at the NAHB Spring Leadership Meetings.
Qadra Evans, director of industry relations for new construction at Zillow Group, will kick it off with “Understanding Consumer Motivations.”
Evans will share insights from the Zillow New Construction Consumer Housing Trends Report to illustrate:
- How today’s consumers are shopping for new construction;
- What are the motivations and pain points of new home buyers; and
- How salespeople, marketers and builders can cater to their buyers.
Grant Farnsworth, president of The Farnsworth Group, will then discuss “Understanding Today’s Building Products Customers.” Farnsworth says learning about the “behaviors and attitudes of contractors to better inform product, brand, channel and marketing decisions will lead to an increased share of sales.”
His presentation will address key questions such as:
- Which supply and demand fundamentals are impacting contractors?
- How is availability impacting professionals?
- What must manufacturers and suppliers deliver to meet the builders’ needs?
The LSC Connections Meeting will take place Thursday, June 8 from 1-3 p.m. ET at the Washington Hilton in Columbia 6, 8, 11, 12, Terrace Level.
The meeting is open to all NAHB members. Registration is not required. Contact Jackie Barnes with any questions.