BUILD-PAC Honors Top Recruiters and Contributors
After one of the most competitive midterm election cycles in recent history, BUILD-PAC – NAHB's nonpartisan political action committee dedicated to electing pro-housing candidates – honored states and individuals committed to advocacy at the 2023 NAHB International Builders' Show® (IBS).
The BUILD-PAC Fundraising Awards celebrate those who go above and beyond in donating and recruiting donors. Thanks to member contributions, BUILD-PAC disbursed nearly $2.8 million to federal campaigns and had a 95% win rate for endorsed candidates.
"BUILD-PAC is one of the main reasons the business of home building is still a business," said Bob Peterson, founder of Associates in Building + Design, Ltd. and one of the 2022 BUILD-PAC champions. "The fact that NAHB and BUILD-PAC support good legislation from both sides of the political aisle – as well as candidates who support our mission – is necessary to keep our industry and businesses moving forward."
2022 BUILD-PAC Champions
Each champion raised at least $10,000 in new money for BUILD-PAC. They recruited brand new contributors or upgraded current ones to join the fight for housing and strengthen housing's voice in Washington.
- Kenneth Boynton (Connecticut)
- Robert Brennan (Massachusetts)
- Will Cooper Jr. (California)
- Will Cooper Sr. (California)
- Roland Fiore (Rhode Island)
- Bob Frost (Missouri)
- Michael Munnerlyn (Louisiana)
- Bob Peterson (Colorado)
- Kevin Woodward (Florida)
Trustee and State Awards
- Top Fundraising States: Texas and Connecticut
- Top Fundraising State by Membership: Connecticut
- Top Recruiter of the Cycle: Kevin Woodward (Florida)
- Top Fundraiser of the Cycle: Kenneth Boynton (Connecticut)
- State that exceeded goal by the highest percentage: Connecticut
- State that raised most new money at an event: Connecticut
- State with highest increase in participation: Alabama
- State with highest increase in percentage of receipts: Rhode Island
- Event with highest number of contributors: Connecticut
- State with most new high donors: Washington
States That Held Events Raising More than $10,000
- Kansas City
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
Council and Committee Fundraising
- Council and Committees with 100% participation
- Association Planning Committee
- Convention and Meetings Committee
- Federal Government Affairs Committee
- Membership Committee
- Nominations Committee
- Committee raising the most money over the cycle: Budget and Finance Committee
- Council Board of Trustees raising the most money over the cycle: NAHB Remodelers Council
Learn more about BUILD-PAC and get involved by visiting nahb.org/buildpac.