Every year since 2008, NAHB has conducted an annual census of its members based on membership category. The latest study on Associate members reflects data from the end of 2021, and highlights several key features of this membership base:
- Associate members constitute 66% of NAHB's overall membership.
- Female Associate membership has continued to increase for the past five years and currently stands at 25%.
- Although special trade contactor/subcontractor membership dropped from 2020, it remains the largest segment of Associate members at 42%.
- The average number of employees for Associate member companies was 102.1 in 2021 — a 22% increase over 2020 figures and the second-highest reading in the 14-year history of this census.
- Median gross revenue for Associate members grew from $2.4 million in 2020 to $2.9 million in 2021 — a record high for this census. There is also a positive correlation between NAHB membership tenure and gross revenue.
Associates represent a variety of businesses within the home-building industry:
Do you work with a standout Associate in one of these segments? Nominate him or her for Associate of the Year. Applications are due by Oct. 7.
For more details on NAHB's Associate members, download the special study.