Simple Ways to Engage StudentsHere are a few suggested activities to participate in or lead during CTE month:
- Participate in Job Shadow Day. On Feb. 2, consider volunteering to virtually share a "day in the life" of your career with a classroom. Students will be able to see real-world examples of careers in action, as well as be exposed to the workplace.
- Host a Career Exploration Panel at your company or HBA, Feb. 8-12. Highlight rewarding job opportunities and inform your audience of the daily joys and challenges of your profession.
- Donate Equipment, Feb. 15-19. Members may be in a prime position to donate equipment or supplies that meet industry standards, ensuring that students in secondary and post-secondary institutions have access to appropriate instruments for the respective career fields they hope to enter.
- Teach a middle school lesson plan for Teach-In Week, Feb. 22-26. Engage students at the middle school level, creating excitement for technical career pathways. View sample lesson plans.
- Share on Social Media. Use photos, link to press releases, or share your CTE story on social. Include hashtags #CTEmonth, #STEM, #WorkforceDevelopment, and #CareerTechEd and #SkillsGap.