Public Relations Toolkit
Everyone from seasoned PR pros to those that are new to the discipline will benefit from this comprehensive resource with guidance on creating a customized public relations plan, crafting proactive image-building programs, telling a compelling story of the value of homeownership, working effectively with the media, selecting a public relations agency and tapping into the resources available from NAHB.
Here is a brief overview of what you will find in the NAHB Public Relations Toolkit:
- The Role of Public Relations in your Association: Learn about PR’s role in the business world and how it can help your association achieve its strategic goals.
- Developing Your Public Relations Plan: Learn how to evaluate your current public image, set goals, decide who you need to reach and what messages you will convey to them, and how to budget for the campaign.
- Design Your Strategy: Learn about all the tactics that you can use to achieve your PR goals, including earned and paid media, community outreach, and other ways to showcase your association and members to potential home buyers.
- Put Your Plan Into Action: Learn about how to execute your plan, strategies for dealing with the media, and the many resources NAHB has available to help you.
- Measure Results: Learn how to evaluate and fine-tune your plan so you can best achieve your goals.
View example HBA descriptions that can be used on websites, brochures or ads.