Resolved that NAHB urge Congress, the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Department of Labor to undertake the following changes to the Davis-Bacon requirements for federal housing programs:
- Bring into conformance the Davis Bacon statutory and regulatory requirements for all federal housing programs.
- Exempt small projects (50 or fewer units) from Davis Bacon.
- Revise the Department of Labor construction classification system to classify all multifamily rental buildings as “residential” construction.
- Require the Department of Labor to transmit prevailing wage rate surveys to NAHB-affiliated local home builders associations and subsequently accept survey input from NAHB members in computing local Department of Labor prevailing wage rates.
Committee with primary jurisdiction:
- Housing Finance Committee
- Federal Government Affairs Committee