Affordable Housing Mission of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Resolved that NAHB supports reform of the affordable housing missions for government-backed secondary market entities, including Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that:
- Upholds safety and soundness of the entities;
- Preserves the important countercyclical role of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in providing access to mortgage credit;
- Includes single-family and multifamily components;
- Advances meaningful initiatives that address housing needs for households with incomes at or below 120 percent of area median income across geographic markets and in various market segments;
- Requires accountability for the effectiveness of programs that receive a federal guarantee / backstop; and
- Has enforceable consequences for failure to meet affordable housing mandates.
Resolution originally adopted: 2020.1, Resolution No.1
Committee with primary jurisdiction:
- Housing Finance Committee
Full Resolution The full text of this resolution is available for download.