Resolved that the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) call on Congress and the administration to continue to focus on ways to improve the nation’s readiness and capacity to respond to catastrophic disasters.
Further resolved that NAHB call on Congress, the administration and state and local governments to take proactive steps to facilitate and hasten community recovery and rebuilding efforts, such as:
- Adopting regulatory and legislative measures such as temporary waivers and/or permit streamlining;
- Streamlining, simplifying, and expediting building permit applications and inspections;
- Building their capacity to address increased demand for multiple victims assistance programs such as financial assistance or loans for repair and replacement of housing, rental assistance and other emergency housing funds for displaced and homeless persons; and the rebuilding of businesses; and
- Temporarily waiving federal wage requirements.
Further resolved that NAHB call on the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to improve coordination and cooperation among all federal agencies involved in recovery and rebuilding efforts. Further resolved that NAHB call on Congress and the administration to ensure that sufficient federal disaster funds are authorized and provided expeditiously to affected areas.
Resolution originally adopted: 2013.6, Resolution No. 7
Committee with primary jurisdiction:
- Federal Government Affairs Committee