The 2020 NAHB Student Competition for Associate degree programs will be held at the International Builders Show Jan. 20-22, 2020, in Las Vegas.
2020 Competition Timeline
- Sept. 3, 2019: Competition problem posted
- Oct. 11, 2019: Entry form due
- Oct. 15, 2019, 4-5 p.m. EST: Secondary and Associate programs Q&A
- Oct. 31, 2019: IBS Travel Scholarship applications due
- Nov. 29, 2019: Team member list due
- Dec. 4, 2019: Last day to withdraw from competition
- Dec. 17, 2019: Projects due IN-HAND*
- Jan. 20-21, 2020: Presentation dates
- Jan. 21, 2020: Judges’ debriefing
- Jan. 22, 2020: Awards ceremony at International Builders’ Show
Resources for Competitors
- Important Materials
- Location of presentation room at the Westgate Resort & Casino
- Question Board: All competition related questions posted in our Google group will be answered by the competition’s consultants.
- Secondary and Associate programs Q&A (Oct. 15, 2019)
- The Cengage Learning books will be available to all competition teams. (*Returning teams have the set of books from Cengage Learning. Only new teams will be shipped a set of resource books.)
- DEWALT Construction Estimating Complete Handbook, 2nd Edition
- DEWALT Construction Safety and Osha Handbook, 1st Edition
- DEWALT 2015 Residential Construction Codes: Complete Handbook
- DEWALT Contractor’s Forms and Letters, 2nd Edition
- 2019 Associate and Secondary Programs Judges Debrief Video
$250 entry fee for associate programs.
All participating teams must be NAHB Student Chapter members. Learn how to form a student chapter.
First Place: Pennsylvania College of Technology
Second Place: Brigham Young University – Idaho (Team I)
Third Place: Utah Valley University