The NAHB Membership Cup
One association will win the NAHB Membership Cup for achieving the most outstanding membership efforts of the year. The winning association:
- Will have set and met challenging membership recruitment and retention goals
- Will be judged by the NAHB Membership Committee to have the most effective membership plan
- Will show unparalleled percentage increase in both growth and retention during the previous year
Will that association be yours?
Each year, HBAs from each group size with the highest percentage increase in both recruitment and retention compete to win.
|Local Group Sizes||State Group Sizes|
|1: 1,000+ members||AA: 8,000+ members|
|2: 700-999||A: 4,000-7,999|
|3: 350-699||B: 2,000-3,999|
|4: 200-349||C: 1,000-1,999|
|5: 100-199||D: 999 or fewer|
The top HBA from each group is determined based on the highest combined percentage increase in recruitment and retention at the close of the previous year. These HBAs are invited to submit their annual membership plan for evaluation by the NAHB Membership Committee, which then announces the Cup Winner based on the plan and the results achieved.
The Membership Cup Award includes:
- An engraved award honoring the achievement, presented at the NAHB Association Management conference
- The name of the winning HBA engraved on the official Membership Cup displayed at the National Housing Center in Washington, D.C.
- Winning recruitment and retention initiatives will be incorporated into best practices materials to inspire other local associations
- The 2019 Membership Cup winner: Home Builders Association of Metro Portland
The Four Grand Award Competitions
Each year, one HBA from each group size with the highest numerical increase, percentage growth, retention rate and numerical increase in Affiliate membership is honored with the Grand Award, earning personalized, handcrafted plaques and recognition throughout the year for their achievements.
For more information, contact the NAHB Membership Team at 800-368-5242 x4440.