BUILD-PAC is governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of more than 100 NAHB members. There is one trustee per eight U.S. Congressional districts for every state. Candidates for vacancies on BUILD-PAC’s Board of Trustees must be recommended in writing (email or letter) by their state associations. In states without statewide NAHB affiliates, the NAHB National Representative recommends candidates for vacancies.
Visit the Resources page for BUILD-PAC staff and federal government affairs staff contact information.
BUILD-PAC Trustee Responsibilities
- Personal Contribution. All trustees are required to make a minimum personal contribution of $1,000 to BUILD-PAC annually.
- Orientation. Attending New Trustee Orientation is designed to familiarize new trustees with their responsibilities, organization bylaws and policies, and applicable federal laws.
- Attendance. Trustees must attend a minimum of two BUILD-PAC Board of Trustees meetings annually.
- Fundraising. Trustees serve as a BUILD-PAC principal fundraiser by planning at least one state fundraising event annually for BUILD-PAC.
- Advocacy. Trustees meet with federal legislators and represent NAHB members in their home state on policy matters. This includes participating in NAHB’s Legislative Conference.
- Grassroots. Trustees contact federal legislators by using BuilderLink or by calling each legislator on the phone to talk about policy issues important to NAHB.
- Candidate Contribution Requests. Trustees make candidate contribution requests to NAHB’s Federal Government Affairs staff 21 days prior to the BUILD-PAC Board of Trustees meetings.
- Vote on Candidate Contribution Requests. At BUILD-PAC Board of Trustees meetings the trustees vote on the candidate contribution requests.
- Delivery of Candidate Contributions. Once a BUILD-PAC check has been issued, it is the responsibility of the Trustee to ensure that the contribution check is delivered within 30 days from the date of issue.
- Chairman: Justin MacDonald (Texas)
- First Vice Chairman: Kevin Woodward (Tenn.)
- Second Vice Chairman: Jim Chapman (Ga.)
- Third Vice Chair: Maria Coutts (Pa.)
- Associate Vice Chairman: Mike Farr (Iowa)
- Immediate Past Chair: Carl Harris (Kan.)
BuilderLink is NAHB’s national grassroots program, connecting NAHB members to their members of Congress. Learn more.