- 55+ Housing Market Index (Excel – Table)
- 55+ Housing Market Index (PDF – Table)
- Single-Family (Graph)
- Multifamily Condo (Graph)
- Multifamily Rental Demand (Graph)
- Multifamily Rental Demand Expected (Graph)
- Multifamily Rental Production (Graph)
- Multifamily Rental Production Expected (Graph)
The 55+ single-family HMI is a weighted average of three separate component indices: Present 55+ Single-Family Sales, 55+ Single-Family Sales for the Next Six Months, and Traffic of Prospective Buyers. Each quarter, a panel of builders rates the first two on a scale of “good,” “fair” or “poor” and the last on a scale of “high to very high,” “average” or “low to very low”. An index is calculated for each series by applying the formula “(good –poor + 100)/2” or, for Traffic, “(high/very high – low/very low + 100)/2”. Each resulting index is first seasonally adjusted then weighted to produce the 55+ single-family HMI. The weights are the same as for the overall NAHB/Wells Fargo Housing Market Index.
The 55+ multifamily condo HMI is based on the same methodology and components (present sales, expected sales and traffic) for new 55+ multifamily condos. The same survey also produces several indices for current and expected production, as well as current and expected demand, for 55+ rental apartments.