The primary responsibility of a project manager is to get the project built on time, on budget, and with a happy customer. By applying the concepts and strategies of this course, the participants will increase their professional value and thus bring value to the company and to the customer. The course explains the role of project managers during each phase of a project, including the pre-construction, construction, and post-construction phases. Project management tools and effective management of trade contractors will also be discussed.
As a graduate of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the basics of successful project management
- Execute the pre-construction project management functions and responsibilities
- Implement the tools available for efficient project management
- Manage trade contractors effectively
- Perform project management duties during the project
- Complete the duties and responsibilities of post-project management
Who Should Take This Course?
- Business owners, project managers, superintendents, sales managers, remodelers, Anyone involved in the pre-construction and construction process including small volume builders, remodelers, and custom and semi-custom home builders
This course is required for the following NAHB designations: CGB, CGR
This course provides six hours of continuing education credits for these NAHB designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP.
Additional Credit Information
6 AIA/CES LU: NAHB is a Registered Provider with the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Continuing Education Systems. Credit earned on completion of this course will be reported to CES Records for AIA members by NAHB. Certificates of Completion for non-AIA members are available upon request.
This course is also approved for continuing education for contractor state licenses in the state of Utah.
6 AIBD CE: All face-to-face and online education provided by NAHB is approved by the American Institute of Building Design (AIBD) for continuing education units. Members of the Institute seeking credit must self-report by submitting a form and providing verification of attendance or completion.
The Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors has approved this course for CE.
This course has been approved by the state of Michigan for Continuing Competency.
Take this Course
Go to the Education Calendar and enter Project Management in the “Search within Education Calendar” field.