NAHB’s efforts to address lumber price and supply issues include ongoing outreach to the White House, federal agencies and Congress. When prices began their historic rise in August 2020, NAHB reached out extensively to the Trump Administration, members of Congress and to lumber mills calling for prompt action to address supply shortages that were harming small businesses, home builders and ultimately, the overall economy.
With the new Biden Administration and Congress in place, NAHB is redoubling its efforts to develop short- and long-term solutions to the lumber crisis.
- NAHB Letter to U.S. Forest Service (March 19, 2021)
- NAHB Letter to Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack (March 15, 2021)
- Coalition Letter to Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo (March 12, 2021)
- Meeting with National Association of Attorneys General and NAHB Chairman (March 11, 2021)
- NAHB Letter to President Joe Biden (Jan. 29, 2021)
- NAHB Letter to Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross (July 27, 2020)
- NAHB Letter to President Donald Trump (Aug. 7, 2020)
- Meeting with National Economics Council Staff and NAHB Senior Officers (Aug. 28, 2020)
- Meeting with Commerce Secretary Ross and NAHB Senior Officers (Sept. 25, 2020)