Home is now more important than ever. National Homeownership Month in June is an opportunity to remind consumers about the evolving role of the home and its importance in our lives. NAHB has developed materials to help you highlight positive messages about the home building industry and provide consumers with information on the benefits of homeownership.
Planning Materials, Social Media and Media Templates
- Guide to Observing National Homeownership Month
- Sample Social Media Posts
- Guide to Using Social Media
- Talking Points
- Press Release Template
Add these 30-second videos to your social media accounts. Click the “Share Video” button and the video will open in a new tab, then click the ‘Share’ link at the top of the video screen. NAHB can customize these videos with your HBA website and logo free of charge, contact Anna Briseno.
Top Features and Design Trends
Benefits of Homeownership
Eye-catching print ads to promote homeownership are available for social media and in full-page, half and quarter sizes. Ads can be customized with your logo and website address free of charge, contact Anna Briseno.
Consumer Articles and Information
HBA staff can use these articles in their local newspapers, magazines, newsletters, and websites to provide timely consumer information to their communities. Additional content is available on our consumer articles page.
- Americans Say Housing is a Good Investment
- Explore the Many Benefits of New Homes
- How to Find a Builder Right for You
- Home Improvement Projects Grow in Popularity
- Top New Home Design Trends for 2021
- Tips for Transforming Small Spaces in Your Home
- Top Three Trends for Living Better at Home
HBA staff can use any of the consumer content on this website to promote the benefits of homeownership in your community. You can use the content as-is or customize it for your local area.
Reports and Studies
You can use these NAHB blog posts and reports to help communicate the importance of homeownership and market developments/trends to your local media and home buyers.
- Prospective Buyers Are Quickly Becoming Active Buyers
- First Quarter of 2021 Homeownership Rate at 65.6%
- COVID-19 Continues to Fuel Desire for Homeownership
- Homeownership Remains Primary Driver of Household Wealth
- Households View Housing as a Good Investment Versus Stocks
- Interest Rates Moving Higher, but Home Buyer Traffic Remains Strong
- Home Buyers’ Preferences Shift Towards New Construction
- Home Offices Remain Popular Among Buyers