Understanding Today's New Home Buyer
This course will explore today’s home buyers. Who are they? How do they think? What affects their buying decision?
There are a variety of buyer profiles for new home purchases. As new home sales professionals, we first identify our buyer profile and then we must understand what motivates those who fit that profile to be effective in sales and marketing.
This course will explore the dynamics of personalities, generations, cultures, and their relationship to today’s home buyer. Why, where, and how are they making their home buying decisions? How are home buyers affected by global, national and local events, trends, and cultures? Can the new home sales professional be an expert on these aspects? The course will examine how different buyer profiles choose to look for new homes all the way to making their home buying decision. We will also investigate what to do and what not to do, in addition to other suggested techniques for selling to today’s home buyer. Lastly, the course will review best practices for marketing, advertising, merchandising, and modes of communication.
Participants in this course will be able to:
- Learn about today’s new home buyers: Who are they? What are they looking for? How are they looking? In this course you will discuss the ever-changing demographics of new home buyers.
- In addition to the questions of who and what, you will examine the differences between generations and how age shapes home buying preferences.
- Through this course you will demonstrate helpful tips on how to market and sell to each different generation.
- In addition to generational differences there are also abundant cultural differences in today’s home buyers. You will differentiate the wants and needs of new home buyers from various cultures.
- Different generations, cultures and needs demand unique features in their homes. In this course, you will identify the design style and color preferences in today’s new home buyer market.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course contains suitable content for a variety of disciplines in the new homes industry. We are all involved in selling, whether we are the sales professional, the builder, the president, or the marketing director in a home building company. The information can be utilized by a range of positions within the home building industry.
This course is required for the following NAHB designation: CSP.
This course provides six hours of continuing education credits for these NAHB designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP, and MIRM.
Take this Course
Go to the Education Calendar page and enter Understanding Today’s New Home Buyer in the search box.