Fall Prevention in Residential Construction Training Course Materials
NAHB and the Job-Site Safety Institute have developed a four-hour seminar for builders, trade contractors, supervisors and workers. This training program focuses on identifying fall hazards in residential construction and provides student attendees an understanding of the OSHA fall protection regulations and safe work practices to prevent fall-related injuries and deaths.
Training materials include a PowerPoint presentation, instructor guide, and resource guide in both English and Spanish:
- Course Syllabus (English)/(Spanish)
- Section 1: Introduction / Overview of Fall Protection (English)/(Spanish)
- Section 2: Ladders (English)/(Spanish)
- Section 3: Scaffolds (English)/(Spanish)
- Section 4: Conventional Fall Protection (English)/(Spanish)
- Section 5: Additional Fall Protection Systems (English)/(Spanish)
- Section 6: Rescue Plan (English)/(Spanish)
- Instructor guide (English)/(Spanish)
- Student resource guide (English)/(Spanish)
This material was produced under grant number SH-31198-SH7 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government. Revisions were made to this material under grant number SH-05122-SH9 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. This presentation is intended to discuss Federal Regulations only - your individual State requirements may be more stringent as many states operate their own state OSHA and they may have adopted construction standards that are different from information presented in this training. If you live in a state with an OSHA approved state plan, you should contact your local administrator for further information on the standards applicable in your state. These materials are meant for informational purposes only. No representation is made as to the thoroughness of the presentation.