Business Management for Building Professionals (Online Only)
Learn the management skills that give industry leaders the edge. This on-demand course will give you a solid foundation for managing small- to medium-sized building/remodeling and service companies. Learn critical elements, from planning to evaluating progress, and receive practical tips and tools for managing a business successfully. You’ll get a solid grasp of business best practices and practical tools of value whether you are a new or experienced business owner.
As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how to plan effectively for achieving business success
- Describe the organization and processes that a company needs to have in place to run effectively
- Identify tools and techniques to effectively execute the planning, management, and performance evaluation required for long term business success
- Identify common business challenges and ways to overcome them
- Examine best practices in how to create, implement, and manage efficient, effective construction processes and systems
Who Should Take This Course?
Builders, remodelers, and other home building industry professionals interested in understanding the challenges and best practices involved in managing a small to medium home building/remodeling business.
This course is required for the following NAHB designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, Master CGP
This course can be an elective for the Master CSP designation.
This course provides six hours of continuing education credits for these NAHB designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP and MIRM.
Take this Course
Please select here if you would like to take this course.
Additional Credit Information
6 AIA/CES LU: NAHB is a Registered Provider with the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Continuing Education Systems. Credit earned on completion of this course will be reported to CES Records for AIA members by NAHB. Certificates of Completion for non-AIA members are available upon request.
This course is also approved for continuing education for contractor state licenses in the state of Utah.