NAHB relies on volunteer leaders to provide their knowledge and guidance to develop policy to support the home building industry. Members interested in serving the housing industry are encouraged to apply to one of NAHB’s committees or council board of trustees for the 2024 leadership year.
Committees and councils meet during the Spring and Fall Leadership Meetings and at the International Builders’ Show to discuss legislative and regulatory news, business updates, and other issues of importance to the membership and to the industry. Their role is to make informed recommendations to the NAHB Board of Directors on matters of policy.
If you're interested in serving on one of NAHB's committees or council board of trustees for the 2024 leadership year, now is the time to apply. The application deadline is Nov. 5, 2023.
To access the online application, you must be logged in to nahb.org.
- Review the criteria for serving on a committee or council. Most importantly, ensure your membership is “in good standing.”
- Select up to six committees or councils and rank them according to your preference.
- Tell us why you are interested in serving. If someone has recommended you to serve on that committee or council, add their names.
- Let us know if you’ve never served on a committee or council.
- Review the application and submit. You will receive a confirmation that your application was received.
If you want to make changes to your application, simply go back to the application link and make your edits.
Current committee and council members interested in serving another year must resubmit their applications: There are no automatic multiyear appointments.
Questions? Contact Cyndi McKinley, 202-266-8346.