NAHB October Webinars Focus on Green Building and Project Scheduling
Don’t miss NAHB’s webinars this month with dynamic sessions that are free to all NAHB Council members. The webinars are led by industry experts who are ready to share their knowledge about green building practices and project scheduling.
The replays will be available after the webinar for those unable to attend in person.
The Project Schedule as a Planning & Communication Tool
Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2021, 2-3 p.m. ET
Explore several different scheduling formats that can be used to manage projects and communicate with all parties involved — including critical dates for the completion of assigned tasks.
Speaker: Chuck Miller – Consultant, Chuck Miller Consulting, LLC
Virtual Green Home Tour: Tall Oaks by Stanley Martin Homes
Thursday, Oct. 21, 3-3:45 p.m. ET (Free for All)
Take a tour of Tall Oaks by Stanley Martin Homes, a high-performance infill project in Reston, Va., certified to the National Green Building Standard (NGBS). PEG, LLC NGBS Green Verifiers will also walk you through the site to show you what they are looking for in their inspections during the certification process.
- Matthew Cooper, Senior Vice President, PEG, LLC
- Abideena Dambo, Multifamily & Sustainability Analyst, NGBS Green Verifier, PEG, LLC
- Anh-Tu Lam, Multifamily & Sustainability Analyst, NGBS Green Verifier, PEG, LLC
- DJ Lawson, Manager, Corporate Field Operations, Stanley Martin Homes
The All-Electric Home is Coming — Are You Ready?
Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2-3 p.m. ET
Join an expert panel as they share, through case studies, industry-leading strategies, tips and tricks for moving toward electrification. The movement toward residential electrification continues to gain momentum, but there is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to new homes.
- Anna Stern, PMP, CGP, LEED Green Associate, HERS Associate – Program Manager, Sustainability & Green Building – NAHB
- John Barrows, Master CGP, GMB – President/CEO, P3 Builder Group Inc.
- Karla Butterfield, LEED AP Homes, LEED for Homes Green Rater, NGBS Master Verifier, RESNET certified HERS Rater, PHIUS+ Rater & MF Verifier
- Gene W. Myers – CEO, Thrive Home Builders
NAHB Continuing Education: 1.0 hour of continuing education credits for the following 12 designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP, MIRM.