NAHB is Bringing Housing Home May 3-7
NAHB is Bringing Housing Home® May 3-7 and this is your chance to make a house call on your member of Congress.
The week-long Legislative Conference will give individual members and HBA delegations the opportunity to advocate for housing’s legislative priorities at in-district meetings with their members of Congress.
The issues that are important to your business and our industry are the same issues that are critical to a vibrant, dynamic economy. During NAHB’s 2021 Legislative Conference, we are asking members of Congress to move forward on several key issues, including:
- Working with the Biden administration and industry stakeholders to seek immediate remedies that will ease high lumber prices and supply constraints and increase production;
- Reforming the nation’s housing finance system to ensure that single-family and multifamily housing credit remains readily available and affordable;
- Strengthening the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit;
- Preventing federal intrusion into the energy codes development process;
- Creating a national flood insurance program that is predictable and affordable; and
- Crafting a transportation and infrastructure package that takes housing affordability concerns into account.
To schedule in-district meetings, you will first need to contact your federal lawmakers and invite them to meet. To find their district contact information, visit house.gov and senate.gov to search for your elected officials.
Then, you can use this letter template to schedule your meeting.
Please visit BringingHousingHome.com often for additional information and important updates on this special event. For more information, contact Lauren Goodwin.