Since 1989, the NAHB 55+ Housing Council has been at the forefront of the 55+ housing movement at NAHB.
Across the nation, builders and developers strive to meet the housing needs of boomers, empty-nesters, active adults, retirees, and older seniors — a huge and growing market. The 55+ Housing Council serves the special needs of NAHB members involved in all aspects of 55+ housing, including design, development, finance, ownership, management, sales and marketing.
- Builders, developers, architects, marketers, sales professionals, real estate professionals and others trying to break into the growing 55+ housing market
- Seasoned 55+ housing professionals
- Providers of products and services to active adults
As a 55+ Housing Council member, you receive updates on industry issues, find out the latest demographics and trends, participate in educational seminars and training, network with industry experts, take advantage of member-only discounts and more.
Benefits of Membership:
- Keep up-to-date on market changes with your bi-monthly 55+ eSource newsletter.
- Enjoy a free subscription to the information-packed55+ Housing Online Magazine and 55+ Special Reports, each published three times a year.
- Visit nahb.org/50plus, the council’s web page, for industry research, sales and marketing tips and other information on the 55+ housing industry.
- Learn the latest seniors issues during 55+ housing education courses at the International Builders' Show, the largest light construction show in the world.
- Enjoy the networking and industry presentations at the 55+ Lifestyle Central headquarters at the International Builders' Show.
- Participate in the quarterly three-minute market survey that generates national information on this sector of the market, data that is consulted by the country's lenders and suppliers.
- Get discounts for your entries in the Best of 55+ Housing Awards.
- Receive access to council-sponsored educational programs and networking events.
Join today to start taking advantage of these great benefits. You must be a member of NAHB to join the 55+ Housing Council.
If you are unsure whether there is a local council in your area, you can find out by using this directory.