Master the craft of successful selling. This professional-level course is designed for specialists in new home sales. You will gain a broad understanding of the home building business, discuss consumer psychology and learn the advanced techniques used by real estate veterans for greeting, closing and overcoming objections. Includes CSP I: The Art and Science of Selling, CSP II: Understanding New Home Construction, and CSP III: Selling Skills for New Home Sales Professionals.
While the core content is the same as that of the in-person course, this dynamic online version is delivered in audio and video formats. It contains on-screen text, downloadable resources, a transcript of the course and a discussion forum where you can pose questions, share perspectives and enhance what you've learned. The online course offers the flexibility of taking it when you want and at your own pace. You have one year to complete the course and take the exam. NAHB requires that you score at least 70% on the test to receive your completion certificate.
As a graduate of this four-part course, you will be able to define and describe the:
- Qualifications and characteristics of a new home salesperson
- Differences between selling new homes and resale homes
- Role of the Critical Path to Successful Selling in the new home sales environment
- Basic steps of builders decision making and development process
- Basic construction features that benefit the home buyer
- Builders marketing approach and the impact the new home sales person has in the marketing process
- Impact of consumer behavior on the new home selling process
- Basic elements of effective communications in the selling environment
- Importance of prospecting in searching for and qualifying potential buyers
- Legal aspects of the real estate business and fair housing guidelines
You will also gain the following skills:
Upon successful completion of the course, you can apply to earn the Certified New Home Sales Professional (CSP) designation.
- Greeting and qualifying a prospective buyer
- Using the area and community as selling point
- Successfully demonstrating the product
- Handling objections
- Reducing the process to writing
- Successful closing
- Basic new home financing
- Using follow-up systems to increase sales
- Final walk-through and call-back procedures
Important Registration Details:
Please note: You will only have up to one year to complete the requirements of this course.
Please note this course is non‐transferrable. Do not use another individual’s login information to register for this course. You must login to nahb.org as yourself to receive your certificate of completion and credit for this course. If you are registering as a member, please use a PIN tied to your legal name. NAHB PINs are tied to a person, not a company. If you are not registered on nahb.org, Create Your Login now.
Forgot Your Login: Go to the Password Reminder page and we will email it to you.
Refund Policy: No refunds are issued for on demand courses upon purchase. For more information, please contact Sheila Coble.