The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) today announced the winners of its Best in Green (BIG) Awards at a ceremony during the NAHB International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas.
In its fifth year, the BIG Awards received outstanding nominations and brought recognition to the best of the best green certified projects in a variety of categories. Categories included single-family homes, multifamily projects, communities and remodeling. Winners were chosen based on their innovative use of green features, aesthetics, functionality, amenities and high performance certifications.
In addition to the top green projects, the BIG Awards also honored two Home Builders Associations who have long been advocates and leaders in the green and sustainable space.
“The Best in Green Awards are the industry’s most prominent awards recognizing projects and individuals that are leading the way in high performance and sustainability,” said Ray Tonjes, NAHB’s 2018 Sustainability & Green Building Subcommittee Chairman from Austin, Texas. “This year’s award winners are a particularly impressive group, representing the best of the best across several sectors of the building industry.”
This year’s winners include:
- Best in Green 55+ Community: Mirabella, Bradenton, Florida, submitted by Koral & Gobuty Development, LLC
- Best in Green Community: Mahncke Park, San Antonio, Texas, submitted by Imagine Homes
- Best in Green Community: Caliza Courts Rowhouses, Alys Beach, Florida, submitted by Green$mart Companies
- Best in Green Multifamily Affordable Project: Elements Collection, Denver, Colorado submitted by Thrive Home Builders
- Best in Green Multifamily Market Rate Project: Ten at Clarendon, Arlington, Virginia, submitted by CBG Building Company
- Best in Green Single-Family Custom Home: Historic Infill Home, Decatur, Georgia, submitted by SK Collaborative
- Best in Green Single-Family Production Home: Panacea Collection, Denver, Colorado, submitted by Thrive Home Builders
- Best in Green Remodeling Project: Norcross Remodel, Dallas, Texas, submitted by Ferrier Builders Inc.
- Best in Green NGBS Project of the Year, Historic Infill Home, Decatur, Georgia, submitted by SK Collaborative
- Best in Green HBA of the Year (two winners), Santa Fe Area Home Builders Association and Home Builders Association of Metro Portland
“In addition to the best in green building and remodeling projects, we were pleased to be able to recognize the great work our members are doing in their local communities to support sustainable living,” noted Tonjes. “Both the Santa Fe Area HBA and the HBA or Metro Portland had such active and impactful voices in their local green building markets in very different ways, that the judges thought two awards should be given this year to celebrate the achievements within the Federation.”
To see the finalists and other additional information about the Best in Green awards visit nahb.org/bigawards.